Retail Opportunity Investments Corp. Annual emissions
SAN DIEGO, July 25 Aug. 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Retail Opportunity Investments Corp. (NASDAQ: ROIC) today announced the release of its annual Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, detailing the company’s 2021 ESG achievements, as well as its ongoing initiatives and goals. long-term strategies. The report has been prepared in accordance with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The report is available at: http://www.roireit.net/assets/001/5927.pdf
- Awarded 2021 (and recently 2022) Green Lease Leader (“Gold” level designation)
- 15% reduction in energy consumption at the same center year-over-year
- 14% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions year over year in the same center
- Launch of a comprehensive analysis of climate scenarios (aligned with the TCFD)
- 100% participation of companies in annual training on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Continued annual company-wide diversity and harassment awareness training
- Continuation of employee community environmental engagement initiatives
- Renewed board (addition of 3 new diversified independent directors, retirement of 2 long-time directors)
- Strengthening of corporate governance (modified articles of association to strengthen shareholders’ rights)
- Further integration of ESG milestones into the executive compensation program
- Launch of the GRESB participation initiative, improving ESG transparency with all stakeholders
Stuart A. Tanz, President and CEO of Retail Opportunity Investments Corp., said, “Over the past year, we have continued to significantly advance our ESG agenda. We achieved key environmental sustainability milestones, strengthened employee engagement on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, and enhanced board diversity and fundamental shareholder rights. Our achievements over the past year reflect our long-standing commitment to operating our business and our portfolio in an ethical, sustainable and responsible manner. Going forward, we intend to build on our achievements to date and continue to work diligently to achieve our long-term ESG goals.
ABOUT RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVESTMENTS CORP.
Retail Opportunity Investments Corp. (NASDAQ: ROIC), is a fully integrated, self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) specializing in the acquisition, ownership and management of grocery-anchored shopping centers located in densely populated metropolitan markets. across the west coast. As of March 31, 2022, ROIC owned 89 shopping centers covering approximately 10.2 million square feet. ROIC is the largest mall REIT anchored in a publicly traded grocery store and focused exclusively on the West Coast. ROIC is a member of the S&P SmallCap 600 Index and has investment grade corporate debt ratings from Moody’s Investor Services, S&P Global Ratings and Fitch Ratings, Inc. Additional information is available at: www.roireit.net.
When used herein, the words “believes”, “anticipates”, “plans”, “should”, “estimates”, “expects”, “guidance” and similar expressions are intended to identify statements prospective with the meaning of this term. Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21F of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Certain statements contained herein may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause between actual results and ROIC materially future results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Information regarding these risks and factors is described in ROIC’s filings with the SEC, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, available at: www.roireit.net.